followers

Sunday 9 May 2010

Honoring Mothers Everywhere


Hi hope you had a great weekend,

I'd like to say a BIG HELLO to 3 lovely new followers, Dorothy, Diane and Fluffnstuff,  thank you so much for joining us!!

The challenge over at Isabella's Sketchbook is a creation to honor mothers everywhere using one of Isabella's digi images.
They are gorgeous images and well worth a visit, and to see the DT creations, which are amazing.

This is my card in honor of our mum!!


Other challenges I would like to enter are:
Every-body-art ~ Pastel colours
Dare you to digi stamp ~ anything goes
Little red waggon ~ pink and green
Friday sketchers ~ sketch

When I saw the digi image of the embroidery I  new it was just  right for my mum.
Sadly she's not with us but memories of her with my girls sat on the arm of her chair, teaching them how to sew are like yesterday.
My sister and I have to thank her for our interest in all things creative. She was so talented, emboidery, crochet, knitting, ribbon emboidery, decoupage and in later life she even mastered lace making.
She attended a center for the elderly and enjoyed basket weaving. When anyone new started and needed to be shown how to finish off the weaving,  they would say " see Ivy she'll show you".
 We all have stools,  a baby chair and a table that she made, in our homes.

“The heart has its own memory,

Like the mind,

And in it are enshrined

The precious keepsakes”

You have given me many heartfelt

Memories and I thank you!
unknown
 
I used the fabulous sketch from Friday Sketchers. To celebrate their 2nd anniversary they're having an amazing blog hop, check it out!!
DP, the flowered is by Melissa Frances, check by Nancy Watt
I've coloured the image first with E000 copic then stencilled ink from the rose petals stack by colour box
R20 and G21 for the thread and pattern
Flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts
sentiment by Stampin Up from here
 
Thank you for stopping by
 love Cherie   //*.*\\

18 comments:

  1. Love this Cherie it really is gorgeous.
    Hope you are feeling better and have had a good weekend.
    Hugs Sally xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Cherie, this is something else!
    its so so pretty.
    hugs chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cherie!,
    Beautiful card, love eveything about it!
    Love Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous Cherie!!! \
    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is exquisite and so feminine. I appreciate your lovely story about your Mom. My mother is gone too and like yours excelled at many crafts, Thanks for sharing this with us a Isabella's Sketchbook and please come and play again - we'd love to have you.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Cherie this card is just beautiful! I love what you did with the two patterned papers and the image is so pretty in the center! My mom is very crafty too and I inherited a love of crafting as well! This is a lovely tribute to your mom! Thanks for playing along at Isabellas this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cherie.. Happy Mother's Day to you. My Mom isn't here any more and it makes for such a bittersweet day. Your Mom would have loved your card.. it's very sweet and special.

    Thanks for playing along with us at Isabella's this week. I hope you will return many times! Hugs, Peggy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh just lovely! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a beautiful card - so pretty, so feminine and I love the colour combination. I think your mother would have been very proud of you! Thank you for playing along with us at Isabella's - I can't wait to see your next creation! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Cherie, I am thrilled that you've joined in the fun at Isabella's. This stamp of hers called Embroidery is absolutely beautiful and your card is stunningly pretty. Loved reading your post about your dear Mom. She would have loved this card. Hope you'll join us again next week. Hugs Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow ! What a stunning card Cherie ! Gosh you are so so talented ! I always admire your card so much, they are amazing ! Your attention to details is second to none. I think I am one of your fans !!! I hope you are feeling better. Hugs and smiles from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Cherie ,
    Loved this card , the image is wonderful.
    As an OT i too have memories of basket weaving ... oh why did things have to change ! WE have stools and trays too lol.
    You obviously take after your mum .. which isn't a bad thing.
    I see my friend Dorothy is a new follower, its lovely we are all friends together.
    Hope you are well
    Lisa ;)
    ps - the totally gorjuss challenge is a pink and green colour combo this week

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's absolutely stunning! Love the way you have created the embroidery picture and the papers work so beautifully toether.
    Thanks for playing with us at Isabellas!
    TFS
    Hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cherie, this is just beautiful! Love the effect on the embroidered cloth.
    Thanks for joining us at Isabella's and good luck! Viv x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for your very kind email Cherie.. I couldn't find your email address to respond. You are very sweet! Hugs, Peggy x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cherie...Thank you for such a wonderful blog post! Such a lovely tribute to your mom! This card is completely gorgeous! I hope you will continue to play in Isabella's challenges...I want to see more of your lovely cards! ;D Diana Queen

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a gorgeous card. It is just spectacular. I love the papers and lace and the flowers. Your image is so beautifully colored and trimmed out. You ROCKED the Isabella's Challenge. So happy you could have some fun with us this week. Hope to see you back again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a pretty card Cheri and I just love the image. Thanks for joining at DU2DS this week
    x Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment I really love to read them.
Lots a hugs
Cherie