followers

Sunday 2 May 2010

Home Sweet Home


Hi Happy Sunday,
 To all you lovely folk around the world, and
for us over here hope you're enjoying your bank holiday weekend, and the sunshine whoopee!!

The challenge over at stamping for the weekend is
 "Get to know you better through your favourite book"
I used my Cute Companions mice for my favourite book "The Borrowers" so little Arrietty, Pod and Homily the Clock family are at home. They like to go into the big house and borrow all the little things that go missing, buttons, pins and needles. Have you ever wondered where they all go . You can never find a needle when you want one!!!
It's not strictly accurate they are little people who live under the floor boards not mice, but it shows  a little family with large objects, and makes a nice new home card.



Edit:  So thrilled my card won It's a Crafters Companion Challenge
and madeTOP 3 at Stamping for the Weekend


Some more challenges are:
Copic colour challenge ~ to use the colours B02 BV02 YG03
Allsorts ~ Animals
It's a crafters companion ~ 3D project


This is the view of the front, the bottom was hidden by the steps.
I printed the theme sheet from the  CC volume 1 CD it's 5x5" cut out the cotton reels and wool from the A5 that is on the same sheet and 3d them.
Most of the stamps are on the Play days set, the book and reader are from Wonderful Christmas.
This is the first time using the Tim Holtz paper distresser. Easy to do but not sure if I like it, new style for me.
 Wanted to give the impression of old and dark I inked with  TH distressing ink tea dye, faded jeans and peeled paint.
I coloured the mice with copic markers in the colours for the challenge, with E 50 51 53 R20 W1
flowered paper was a magazine freebie and the coloured card from my stash.

View from the side.
The sentiment was done on the computer the trimmings are all from my stash.
Bit of a long post if you're still with me happy crafting and thanks for stopping by.

Love Cherie   //*.*\\

16 comments:

  1. Oh Cherie what a gorgeous project and I love the idea of little people using all the bits we leave behind us ! It's such a great card, you have done - as usual - a great job ! Hugs and smiles from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fab card cherie , i love the step cards for creating a scene and your scene is wonderful.I love the cute companion mice - they are so cute and fun.
    Another masterpeace
    Hope you are having a wonderful day
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cherie what a fantastic card. I love how you have used the CD image on the step card and you mice look fantastic. I love the ribbon around the bobbins. Oh I love it all hugs Pascale Thanks for joining us at It's a crafters companion x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cherie,

    what a magnificent card, it all looks so comfi ;-) All those little details make such a beautiful scenery!
    Thanx for your comment on my roses-tutorial, you can find my translate gadget beneath the teddy team memberslist...maybe I should put it on top. I'm not always happy with the google translations but it may help ;-)

    Hugs,

    Linsx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful card Cherie! So lovely! :o)

    Thanks for playing along with the SFTW challenge and good luck!

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous. I love these stemps. Thx playing along with IACCCB
    hugs
    Ildiko

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cherie!,
    Gorgeous card, fab stamps and your layout is scrummy!!
    Love Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is so cute! I love it! The little scene is so detailed and the mice are really sweet! Thanks for joining in the the CC challenge!

    Love Beth xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cherie, this is absolutly fabulous. So much deatail & goregeous images. Your colouring is fantastic.
    Thanks for joining us at ALLSORTS this week, Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fab card! lovely work..
    Thanks for joining us at SFTW..
    Hugs
    Jan...x

    ReplyDelete
  11. such cute mice and I love the multi folds on the card.
    hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fab card - love the mice. Thanks for joining us at Copics Colour Challenge this week.
    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card love the cute images and the colouring is fabulous...x
    Thanks for joining us this week at allsorts hugs Kirsten...x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, this is so stunning. Love everything about it. Super great layout.
    Thanks for joining us at SFTW.
    *Gunn*

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cherie...this little scene you have created is brilliant! Looks like I will be visiting your pretty little blog alot! ;D Diana Queen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment I really love to read them.
Lots a hugs
Cherie