followers

Wednesday 12 May 2010

Beautiful Accordion File Purse


Hi, Sunny again this morning but cold,

A BIG HELLO and welcome to a lovely new follower Kelly thanks so much for joining us.
Are you like me, every year I say i'm going to start my christmas cards early but i'm always on the last push!!!
Well i've found just the answer, through the lovely Peggy (wired angel) I found a brilliant challenge blog.
Christmas Stamping all Year Long.
It's the begining of the month so there's a project to follow and a great tutorial by Maria Bell.
  Have great fun making  An accordion file purse with a matching card
Check out the DT creations they're awesome!!!
Every-body-art challenge is to make a gift so i'll enter that too.


It looks fabulous but I thought a bit daunting. Not at all!!! it's really easy to put together.
I cut all the pieces first and pencilled on the back the sizes.
It takes about 4 xA4 cardstock and about 1 1/2  sheets of 12 x12 DP
I can't stress enough how fabulous my new scoring board by Martha Stewart is.
It make projects like this so easy especially when it's in inches (for us oldies who don't do cms)
I always use wet glue for projects like this I like Art Institute Glitter glue,
 but you could use what ever your comfy with.



I think the most fiddly bit was putting the dividers in, I needed an extra hand to hold the lid open.
It takes a card approx 5" x 4".
It would also make a nice note card gift set or recipe card holder.



Card stock is from The Paper Mill, York
DP by Anna Griffin from Whichcraftuk theres a link on my side bar.
Greeting from Let it Snow clear stamp set by Papermania
Ribbon from my stash

Well I hope you'll give it a go and please do give them a visit i'd love to see your creations, and get ahead for christmas.

Have a wonderful day thanks for stopping by,
Love Cherie  //*.*\\

15 comments:

  1. Oh Cherie, you are so talented. I absolutely LOVE this! WOW! Stunning Christmas card and accordian box. Nice when you have all the tools! Must check it out. hugs Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a box, love the accordian thing!! A perfect gift!
    When I see this great box and card, it makes me want to make christmas cards again too!! :)
    Thanks for playing along at EAC!

    Leonie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweetie this is absolutely GORGEOUS ! I love your two creations - Gosh you are talented (how many times have I written it in my comments ?) I love the colours you have chosen and this big red bow is so gorgeous ! Hugs and smiles from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI ther Cherie
    This is jaw droppingly gorgeous, I love love love it all, and yes I agree with the other comments you are so so clever and talented.
    back soon hugs chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Cherie - another fab project that looks so professional. I must tell you that everyone who calls at my house gets shown the gift you sent me and they are amazed by it!They think its fabulous!
    Lisa;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK,I'm jealous!!! It looks fabulous,I wonder if I can manage to make one of those!!
    Love your DP,such a beautiful project Cherie!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow what a wonderful purse and lovely christmas card. Welcome to blogland and thanks for your visit. Hugs Marja

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi cherie,

    this purse is just fabulous, really wowie!!!
    It's just perfect to put my stamped images in. Gonna have a try myself ;-)

    Big hug,

    Lins

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this purse! Great job!!
    And just loooooooooooooove those colors (real red and green addict here!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Cherie! Your gift set turned out absolutely gorgeous!! I love the beautiful colors and the pretty designer paper that you used! You did a wonderful job with our gift set challenge! Thank you for playing along with us at Christmas Stampin All Year Long. . .hope to see you playing along again!!!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous box, beautiful details.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jeah, x-mas every year is so early ;o)
    Nice Giftset! Like the paper you used!
    Thanks for joining EAC!
    Hugs, Alex

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful job! Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wonderful bag !!! great designed !! thanks for joining in our challenge.
    hugs
    tina46
    EAC-team

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is fabulous Cherie!
    I'm not surprised that you were chosen for the DT at Creative Card Crew with this beautiful project. Congratulations!
    I shall feel privileged to be working with you and getting to know you (I'm a newbie too).
    I know where to come for inspiration!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment I really love to read them.
Lots a hugs
Cherie