followers

Wednesday 28 November 2012

Quilted Christmas Ornament

Hello crafty friends, I have something different to share with you today.
I know these gorgeous decorations have been around for a while but i've only just got to grips with the technique and now i'm loving it. There are lots of good demos on you tube.





I bought the material from the new Hobby Craft store that opened last week near me....oh my goodness....it's like having a sweet shop on your street. 
 It's a pack of 6 different patterns and I used the reverse for the red star. This is a 7cm foam ball  and the material was die cut with the next to the largest classic square nestabilities or 3 inch squares. You also need approx 160 dress making pins, and a thimble.
I tried to use the sequin pins but they are too short and the head pulled through the material.
I made the satin ribbon bow by cutting 4 3/4 inch strips and winding into a figure eight, and stacking them on top of each other, similar to a gift bow. I used a pearl head pin and hot glue to pin it to the ball.
It doesn't really show it but the braid is quite sparkly, from a Papermania ribbon pack.





Another one using a different pattern. I have material left for maybe 2 more.
My brain is racing now thinking of more designs, I think it could get addictive.

Hope you're enjoying your day, thanks for stopping by,

Hugs Cherie x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment I really love to read them.
Lots a hugs
Cherie